We’re lucky in Australia that we have such good public access to chiropractic care
In Lebanon, that’s unfortunately not the case. With around 10 chiropractors providing care to only a fraction of the Lebanese community, there is so much potential for growth and healing. Read on to learn more about chiropractic in Lebanon.
Even on Holidays, I was Still Learning
It wasn’t all fun and games over in sunny Lebanon. I was fortunate enough to have met a senior Member of Parliament to speak about chiropractic both here in Australia and in Lebanon.
What many of you may not be aware of is that in Lebanon:
- There are only 10 chiropractors
- Patients need a referral from a surgeon in order to see a chiropractor.
- Chiropractic is considered a last resort option. If the surgeon can’t help the patient, they are referred to a chiropractor. In Australia, chiropractic is considered a first option for care.
- Chiropractors can’t officially call themselves ‘Doctors of Chiropractic’ in Lebanon.
- Members of Parliament in Lebanon are not aware of the levels of qualifications required to become a chiropractor. In Australia student chiropractors study a greater number of hours compared to medical students.
- In fact, many Members of the Lebanese Parliament (and their families), see a chiropractor while the general public don’t yet have access.
- I was able to secure this meeting with Member of Parliament and head of the Health, Labor and Social Affairs Commission, Dr Atef Majdalani. It was a very positive meeting and an amazing first step for chiropractic in Lebanon.
Here are some of my holiday pics so you can see how beautiful Lebanon is
Spinal Care and Adjustments – A Recap
As you know, when your spine is out of alignment, it can pinch nerves and constrict blood vessels, making it difficult for the blood and oxygen to circulate. By restoring proper alignment in the spine, the body can work to heal itself faster. Spinal care and spinal adjustments may help reduce levels of pain in your body, boost your performance and correct your posture.
Tell your friends and family about chiropractic and how it helps you – if we can work together to help the community, wouldn’t the world be a better place? From Lebanon to down under, there is still so much work to be done.
Contact Us Today
It’s never too late to take better care of your spine and nervous system. To book a chiropractic consultation at New World Chiro please phone or email us today.
Dr. Rosemarie Jabbour (Chiropractor) is the owner and chiropractor at New World Chiro, Parramatta. Rosemarie is an experienced and highly professional healthcare practitioner with over 25+ years experience in caring for the local community. Rosemarie was also one of the chiropractors for the Sydney 2000 Olympic games. With a keen interest in spinal health, neuroscience and sports fitness, Rosemarie is a natural health champion and advocate.
In addition to running New World Chiro, Rosemarie runs corporate health and wellness training programs, chiropractic assistant training, and networks within a variety of local business networks.
- B.App Sc (Clin.Sc)
- Cert CCSP (U.S.A).ICSSD
- The International Chiropractic Sports Science Diploma 1997
- Graduate Certificate in Sports Chiropractic in 1998