Summary of Facts
“Your spine is your tree of life!”
Yes this really is an accurate metaphor. Your spine acts as your central support, the protector of your delicate spinal cord and keeps you upright and balanced.
Problems can arise when your spine gets twisted, misaligned and injured.
Here are some fast facts that may better help you understand the significance of your spine.
- 24 moving parts (vertebrae) with a total of 33 vertebrae (several are fused).
- 7 neck vertebrae: the same number as the giraffe with the really long neck.
- You have an ‘Atlas’. The first vertebrae is known as the atlas, after the mythological Greek figure Atlas who carried the weight of the world on his shoulders.
- Your spine protects your spinal cord.
- Back pain. The most common problem with your spine is back pain, affecting up to 80% of the community.
Share this Infographic
Do you like this infographic? Please share it with your friends, family, local school or work place. By sharing the many benefits of chiropractic, together we can really help our local communities.
You may use this infographic on your own site provided you reference this page: https://newworldchiro.com.au/2017/03/28/5-fast-facts-about-my-spine-infographic/
Concerned About Your Spine?
Please contact your team here at New World Chiro to arrange a consultation with our chiropractors. We will provide you with a thorough chiropractic consultation, a report of findings and may recommend treatment options as required.
Dr. Rosemarie Jabbour (Chiropractor) is the owner and chiropractor at New World Chiro, Parramatta. Rosemarie is an experienced and highly professional healthcare practitioner with over 25+ years experience in caring for the local community. Rosemarie was also one of the chiropractors for the Sydney 2000 Olympic games. With a keen interest in spinal health, neuroscience and sports fitness, Rosemarie is a natural health champion and advocate.
In addition to running New World Chiro, Rosemarie runs corporate health and wellness training programs, chiropractic assistant training, and networks within a variety of local business networks.
- B.App Sc (Clin.Sc)
- Cert CCSP (U.S.A).ICSSD
- The International Chiropractic Sports Science Diploma 1997
- Graduate Certificate in Sports Chiropractic in 1998